Nightmare Anatomy review by Aiden

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Aiden: Nightmare Anatomy

Well, I haven't heard much (if not any) of their style of music before I discovered them. Described preferably as "spookycore", Aiden has a heavy and emotional sound to them. "Nightmare Anatomy" has many different guitar riffs from other "screamo" bands. It's great because I don't hear much music similar to this, but it's not so great because it can get a little repetitive. a lot of their songs are similar in structure, and lack the creativity I would like to hear from them. Songs that show most difference are "The Last Sunrise", "Genetic Design For Dying", "Unbreakable (I.J.M.A.)", and "Enjoy The View". The others basically resemble one another, but are still good songs. I enjoy the drumming as well, it's very upbeat and constantly mind-catching. You'll be humming along right away.

Personally, I couldn't ask for better lyrics. They're great. The emotion and utter darkness of the words are bone-chilling and almost hard to bear at times. I don't normally hear such mutilated, yet beautifully constructed lyrics. The vocalist is great too. The edginess in his voice adds a chilling, and unique sound to the music. The music and the vocals go together hand in hand. The harmony of the entire band together is pretty much awesome. If you're going to get into Aiden, you must read over "Genetic Design For Dying" because I think it's brilliant. The feeling of being so close to the edge of life, addictions, and remorse.

At first, I didn't like Aiden at all. I had received a sampler DVD about Aiden in a CD I had bought. I decided to watch it, and at first, my thought was "Who the hell are these guys?" Absolutely despised them. I didn't like the sound then, but it was only one song. About two months later I looked back to the same DVD and was shocked. I couldn't believe that I had ever hated them, because I thought they were great. It was like I had never experienced the band beforehand. As soon as I was notified that they came out with "Nightmare Anatomy", I rushed quick to get it (though it was hard to get a hold of at first). If this stolen from me or lost or anything, I'd almost definately by a a new copy. Fans of I am Ghost and MCR, as stated frequently, will enjoy Aiden. They are unique and set apart from sterotypical "emo" bands through dark lyrics and unique sound. My only negative critique is that they should be less repetitive, do more with the guitars, and the songs could be a bit longer.