Some Kind Of Hate review by Aiden

• Released: Oct 25, 2011
Aiden: Some Kind Of Hate

I have been listening to Aiden for since "Nightmare Anatomy" which was around 6 years ago and since then have not been impressed by any of their released but this album has changed everything for me. The sound on this album is unique enough to sound new and refreshing but not so out there that you can't tell that it is Aiden. A big thing that sticks out to me is the two cover songs on this album they cover "London Dungeon" by the Misfits and "Transmission" by Joy Division, they do a great job on both tracks.

Aiden can tend to have some "cliche" or "corny" lyrics which can be some what generic and typical of a "emo" leaning punk rock band but this album has so really good lyrics to it, some really deep emotional personal stuff that I have not heard in such sincerity since "Nightmare Anatomy". With that being said the singer Wil Francis did a decent job on vocal's they are not quite of strong but they are kinda raspy which I like.

Overall this album is worth giving a listen but I would not pay for it, I really like Aiden but to me nothing has beat their first few albums. It is kind of a unique album which is not entirely uncommon for bands in this genre now a days because you can only play the same sounding songs for so long. I am going to give this album a solid 8 and the cover tracks have a lot to do with it.