Some Kind Of Hate review by Aiden

• Released: Oct 25, 2011
Aiden: Some Kind Of Hate

Often times, a band releasing two albums in the same year is like putting a television show on the Friday night death slot. This is most definitely not the case with "Some Kind Of Hate". Aiden is back (?) with a slightly lighter sound than "Disguises And Knives"; however, the sound is still holding true to that heaviness. It's been said in a few interviews, "Some Kind Of Hate" should clear up (hopefully) any hate that is stuck with Aiden after "Conviction", which, in all honesty, was a very reputable album. Not a classic, but definitely a strong keystone to Aiden's career.

Oh, William Francis. There are a finite amount of words to describes the lyrical contents of "Some Kind Of Hate". Their synonyms are superb, excellent, high-quality, and all around amazing. Do the lyrics fit with the music? It'd be harder trying to find a song that didn't. Aiden's William Francis has developed and matured into a deep voice that carries through your thoughts. I am still thinking of his voice and lyrics from "Disguises". William sings melodies from the album's opener "There Will Be Blood" and 2nd track "Broken Bones" that will be stuck in your head the second you stop listening to this album.

Do any of you have an second thoughts on this album or this band? Disregard them and pick up this album. I am (almost... Somewhat) certain you will appreciate the musicianship, lyrical ability and all around "new" sound of this album. Just like the second to last song on this album, "The Courage To Carry On", that's exactly what Aiden did this year. They carried on with a keystone and highlight of an album. You should pick it up.

Bananafish003
    Are you sure you didn't mean "infinite"? And "describe"?
    Plan009
    Haven't listened to them since Nightmare Anatomy. Debating whether or not I should look into it or not. Heard their last few albums have been sub-par at best.
    CrashLove
    I haven't listened to them since like 06, but I might check it out for the Misfits cover.
    yoman666
    The album isn't that good tbh. 2 reviews so far are clearly done by Aiden fans. To me this album feels like a b-side of Desguises.
    JoshDropD
    Alright, we're Aiden fans. But I can tell when they release shitty material. There is none of that in this album.