Some Kind Of Hate Review

7.1
 8.5
 5.6
Some Kind Of Hate Reviewed by: Cloudkicker, on october 31, 2011

Sound: I have been listening to Aiden for since "Nightmare Anatomy" which was around 6 years ago and since then have not been impressed by any of their released but this album has changed everything for me. The sound on this album is unique enough to sound new and refreshing but not so out there that you can't tell that it is Aiden. A big thing that sticks out to me is the two cover songs on this album they cover "London Dungeon" by the Misfits and "Transmission" by Joy Division, they do a great job on both tracks. // 9

Lyrics: Aiden can tend to have some "cliche" or "corny" lyrics which can be some what generic and typical of a "emo" leaning punk rock band but this album has so really good lyrics to it, some really deep emotional personal stuff that I have not heard in such sincerity since "Nightmare Anatomy". With that being said the singer Wil Francis did a decent job on vocal's they are not quite of strong but they are kinda raspy which I like. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall this album is worth giving a listen but I would not pay for it, I really like Aiden but to me nothing has beat their first few albums. It is kind of a unique album which is not entirely uncommon for bands in this genre now a days because you can only play the same sounding songs for so long. I am going to give this album a solid 8 and the cover tracks have a lot to do with it. // 8

Some Kind Of Hate Reviewed by: JoshDropD, on october 31, 2011

Sound: Often times, a band releasing two albums in the same year is like putting a television show on the Friday night death slot. This is most definitely not the case with "Some Kind Of Hate". Aiden is back (?) with a slightly lighter sound than "Disguises And Knives"; however, the sound is still holding true to that heaviness. It's been said in a few interviews, "Some Kind Of Hate" should clear up (hopefully) any hate that is stuck with Aiden after "Conviction", which, in all honesty, was a very reputable album. Not a classic, but definitely a strong keystone to Aiden's career. // 8

Lyrics: Oh, William Francis. There are a finite amount of words to describes the lyrical contents of "Some Kind Of Hate". Their synonyms are superb, excellent, high-quality, and all around amazing. Do the lyrics fit with the music? It'd be harder trying to find a song that didn't. Aiden's William Francis has developed and matured into a deep voice that carries through your thoughts. I am still thinking of his voice and lyrics from "Disguises". William sings melodies from the album's opener "There Will Be Blood" and 2nd track "Broken Bones" that will be stuck in your head the second you stop listening to this album. // 9

Overall Impression: Do any of you have an second thoughts on this album or this band? Disregard them and pick up this album. I am (almost... Somewhat) certain you will appreciate the musicianship, lyrical ability and all around "new" sound of this album. Just like the second to last song on this album, "The Courage To Carry On", that's exactly what Aiden did this year. They carried on with a keystone and highlight of an album. You should pick it up. // 9

Comments