Moon Safari review by Air

• Released: Jan 19, 1998
Air: Moon Safari

Like a lot of other people, I dismissed Air initally until I eventually decided to buy the album based on that fact that I could not get "Kelly Watch The Stars" out of my head! Little did I know that I would totally fall in love with "Moon Safari". It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. Perfect for listening to if you need to "chill out". I really mean that! This album could be prescribed as an anti-depressant. Unlike other dance music, Air use real instruments in their work and it gives the music a soul and personality. Most importantly though, Air have placed the emphasis on writing gorgeous melodies, so whether it's an instrumental track, or one of the tracks sung(beautifully) by Beth Hirsch, it will eventually work it's way into your head where it stays! My personal favourite on this album is "Remember", but other highlights include "La Femme d'Argent", "All I Need" and of course, "Kelly Watch The Stars". It may not be an "instant" album, but I can pretty much guarantee satisfaction after a few listens.