Moon Safari review by Air

• Released: Jan 19, 1998
Air: Moon Safari

When I first heard the track off Moon Safari of which before I didn't even know who Air was I was blown away. The jazz styles of the bass mixed with the funky electronica, the whole album is a masterpeice. The album will put you in a state of relaxation that whenever you hear it you'd want to drop whatever your doing, pull up a couch and a nice bottle of champagne and act like your posh.

Although the album is mostly just instrumentals and the occasional electronic vocal on 2 occasions Air bring in Beth Hirsch to sing and she does it beautifully.

This album is truly fascinating and I urge music fans everywhere to buy it. Jean-Benoit Dunckel and Nicolas Godin (Air) are obviously masterminds in what they do and they do it bloody well. They play all of the instruments which I do appreciate and they do make some beautiful music from it. The most impressive songs on the album to me are all of them. They are all crafted very carefully. I would would literally run out to my music store straight away if I found it was stolen or lost. Straight from "Le Femme D' Argent" to "Le Voyage De Penelope" it is a musical safari.