Runnin' Wild review by Airbourne

• Released: Jun 25, 2007
Airbourne: Runnin' Wild

With the intro of "Stand Up for Rock 'N' Roll" you can tell this album is something special. Reminiscent of earlier AC/DC, and I wont deny it, Airbourne obviously are influenced by AC/DC, with the same style of music and the way they write it but I feel they have keyed into it at the right time. I buy a lot of new albums and barely any of them have a spark about them, they are the same as all the other bands in their genre, whereas these are unlike any band around today in their prime. As soon as I heard "Stand Up for Rock 'N' Roll" I got a big smile on my face, and it stayed throughout the album, with memorable tracks such as "Runnin' Wild", "Diamond in the Rough" or "Girls in Black" this album will blow you away. Not to say the rest of the album isn't as good, I loved most of it but I felt some songs weren't up to the same standard as the rest, such as "Fat City" and "Cheap Wine & Cheaper Women".

Now the lyrics aren't the best, they are good for what they are but some of it is a bit uncreative and simple but, I feel they suit the music perfect. This isn't to say the lyrics are in any way bad, I just feel they repeat topics throughout the album and they just aren't as special as the sound of the instruments. Joel O'Keeffe is a great singer, he has a gruff voice but is still able to hit those high notes. On top of this O'Keeffe plays lead guitar in the band so this shows his skill in both aspects.

This album blew me away, it really did. I loved every minute of it, I found it extremely pleasurable to listen to. The only problem is their second album needs to beat this! This album is a definite buy for any rock fan, this band appeals to such a wide audience, I have heard indie kids listening to this, metal heads and even my dad! If it were lost I would be down at the shops before you could even finish the sentence "your Airbourne CD is lost", I really do love this album and I feel anyone who gives it a chance will as well.

guitarlad89
    [quote]angus41 wrote: "WTF, the people who say AC/DC suck are fags, they are the greatest rock band in the world! They are way better then Led Zeppelin, no offense." How could you compare them jackass??? yeah airbourne is good, but i think they are clones.....sorry, just think of somethin ****in original for once.