Runnin' Wild review by Airbourne

• Released: Jun 25, 2007
Airbourne: Runnin' Wild

Imagine this: Take the stereotype for a hard and fast gritty rock n roll band, make them a little bit more bogan-ish, and then double it! That is Airbourne. If you're looking for that rock n roll spirit captured by AC/DC, this is it. Not that they have copied AC/DC, they just happen to make the same sort of hard rockin' music that is sadly in short supply these days. The drums are basic and loud in the mix (perfect for this sort of thing) and the guitars are loud, gritty and with just the right amount of rock n roll twang. The solos are bluesy and Reminiscent of the something perhaps Angus Young might come up with, the riffs are tight, explosive and fun, the vocals, in my oppinion, are near perfect for rock. The whole thing is well produced and mixed.

Do not expect meaningful lyrics, with deep messages or socio-political commentary. Be warned that if you are looking for thought provoking, intellectually stimulating poetry, you are have got the wrong album. This is an album where you just switch off your mind and rock out and indulge in the spirit and fun of the music. The lyrics are about sex, women, drinkin', gamblin', more women and more sex. The singing is basically flawless for this type of thing.

To me, Airbourne are like a s harder, heavier, fresher sort of AC/DC type band. They stand tall amonst a crowd of emo/hip hop/lastest pop music/generic indie bands. I wish they had been around 20 years ago, so that by now they would be regarded as a classic rock band. Unfortunately, they will probably not achieve the level of fame and success they deserve. My favourite songs from the album are Diamond In The Rough, Stand Up For Rock 'N' Roll, Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast, Fat City, Heartbreaker, heck all of them. The thing I hate most is that I wish it had more songs on it! Airbourne aren't pretending to be hip or cool, they don't claim to be a progressive artsy fusion band, they are just pure rock! If that is your thing, get this CD.