Runnin' Wild review by Airbourne

• Released: Jun 25, 2007
Airbourne: Runnin' Wild

This album is nothing but pure hard rock. For me thats the best rock album in past five years. You put it in your CD player and you hear the thunder of raw riffs, huge overdrive, screaming vocals, great back vocals, lots of gain and hot guitar solos. Sound of guitars is very aggressive and powerful, bass is boosted and it sounds great, drums fit in just perfect, and lead vocal is combination of Bon Scott and Brian Johnson. Funny thing is that Airbourne came also from Australie like AC/DC and I've read some stupid comments that Joel O'Keefe from Airbourne is reincarnation of AC/DC's Bon Scott. Lots of people compare them with AC/DC. Yeah, at the first time I thought that too, but when you listen to the album few times you will find a huge differences. I like the opening of album ("Stand Up for Rock 'n' Roll") , it starts with great intro that is getting faster and faster, then boom, drumer gives 1-2-3-4 sign on hit-hat, then agin comes fast riff and great guitar solo.

Lyrcs include themes like rock'n'roll aint dead, women, drinking and life on streets. I'm pretty sure thah all young teenage girls won't like their lyrics. There are many similarity between Airbournes and AC/DC's lyrics but there are also some differences. In songs "Diamond in the Rough", "Fat City", "Whats Eatin' You" and "Cheap wine & Cheaper Women" Airbourne tells some stories abour something, but that type of "story-lyrics" is very rare with AC/DC. But both of them use cool and catchy names, wich in Airbournes case are "Hellfire", "Heartbreaker", "Girls in Black"...Now, something about the singer. Well, I've mentioned that Joel sounds like Bon and Brian together, and I ain't heard any new singer like that in past 10 years. His voice totally fits their fast, hard music.

Why can I say here. I mean, its perfect. They sound like you have taken the speed of Motorhead and riffs and vocals of AC/DC and putted it in one new band. Its perfect combination. Album contains few potential hits like "Too Much Too Young Too Fast" with great refrain, "Diamond in the Rough" with hard riffs and catchy refrain and "Runnin' Wild" with fast riffs and great "Hey, hey, hey" back vocals. You know that album must be great if Lemmy had joined them on video for "Runnin' Wild" and asked if they wanna tour with Motorhead.

themtalisgood
    maidenpriest69 wrote: Wolfmother > Airborne , more original better live shows, both Australian rock bands if i wanted to listen to ac/dc i would listen to ac/dc not this
    Seriously...you took the time to actually wright that.
    AngusRocks25
    Excellent album, my mate told me about them, and I saw them live too, very good I have to say. The guitars, Joels incredible vocals and the sound of the marshall amps. They sound faster than AC/DC, but who cares, these guys love playin rock n roll! Better than listening to all the garbage out these days, its about time this good classic rock n roll is yback! U guys rock! Oh, and buy this album cos it kicks ass!!!
    georgemcgrady
    Airbourne are amazing! they've got the original AC/DC sound and are very good at what they do. Even though i like their sound, i think it's too similar to AC/DC and they dont have their own sound, but still a great album. These guys really do rock!
    Nirvanarien
    Actually all AC/DC fans that say that Airbourne is just a rip-off are pretty much admiting they that they're good. I mean if you like AC/DC and think Airbourne is exactley the same, then isnt't that like saying that you like Airbourne? That is if you can understand my weird phrasing xD
    TomW13
    2Fast4Love wrote Battery Chicken wrote: There is a reason Austalian pub-rock was buried, because it sucks. you should be shot in the face for saying this..
    Second. Airbourne are bringin back the good stuff in the world of shitty emo and pop-punk.
    rock-n-roll101
    Saying that you don't like this band because they sound like AC/DC is like saying you don't like your girlfriend because she looks like Megan Fox.