Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie review by Alanis Morissette

• Released: Nov 3, 1998
Alanis Morissette: Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie

This album is completely different to her most successful album, 'Jagged Little Pill' and is definitely one of my favorites. With a very experimental style of music, it conveys a range of complex emotions and personal experience. Although many can't relate to it directly, I think that everyone can at least take away something meaningful to them from it. The structure of the lyrics and sounds are kind of offbeat in some songs, but altogether represent the emotion that she is trying to show.

The lyrics are amazing, very true to her, and to those that can relate. As always she shows her brilliant writing skills with deep and meaningful lyrics, that strongly describe how she'd feeling at the time. Her voice really compliments the structure of the songs with an excellent vocal range and unique sound.

This album is in my top 2 favorite albums of all time (the first being Jagged Little Pill). Her music abilities are unbelievable in my opinion and she is one of the very few artists who really do it for the music and not for money or fame. The best songs from the album, I think, are 'Sympathetic Character', 'So Pure', 'Joining You', 'Thank You", Can't Not' and 'One', but I love them all really. I can't really compare it to any other album because it's so unique. I just like the way it's so powerful and actually means something to her and everyone who appreciates it. It's one amazing album!