The Emptiness review by Alesana

• Released: Jan 26, 2010
Alesana: The Emptiness

This band sounds amazing. They have a great way of creating dramatic music. They send pulses of energy through you and are just a great combination of musicians. It's just so well put together and so dang catchy it amazes me for something under screamo catergory.

The lyrics tell a story, in this album and in all the others. They know just how to put them down whether their own story or ones they have reinvented. They also present it with passion and dramatics. It's almost as if a musical is taking place. This is their passion it seems and they want to keep you one your feet.

I love Alesana, I love all the songs I have heard from them, they have never lost my attention since I dicovered them 3 years ago. I've even seen them live at warped and they still sounded amazing and also involved the audience and excited the audience. These boys can shoot for the moon and they'll make it.

legend shredder
    What I like most about this album, apart from the actual music, is the fact that Shawn and Dennis wrote a whole screenplay (yes based off another poem, but still wrote a screenplay) and then converted that into an album, which in my opinion, is absolutely brilliant.
    jesusofpaign
    This album is so good, one of my current favorite, of modern music. They're kinda terrible live though. And their previous album wasn't all that great, either. Their newest album is alright, and i haven't heard their first album. But talking specifically about THIS album, it's wonderful.