Try This With Your Eyes Closed review by Alesana

• Released: Jun 24, 2005
Alesana: Try This With Your Eyes Closed

Alesana's EP, Try This With Your Eyes Closed surely impressed a lot of screamo and emo fans with their terrifyingly awesome music. A dude screaming his lungs out, a high pitched vocalist having a nervous breakdown, awesome riffs fried by guitar dudes, impressive lyrics and more. That's what you get from Alesana. The album is a combination of noisy heartfelt songs like Apology, screaming and frantically disturbed ones like Red And Dying Evening, and sentimentally crying-time stuff, specifically Early Morning. It's just all you need if you're a fan of the genre. 3 thumbs up.

The lyrics were sentimentally frantic and poetic. They really did a great job on the lyrics, and were very expressive. Most of them depicts regret, frustration, anger and vehemence(and the adjectives synonymous to those that I've mentioned). The vocals of Shawn was pretty great stuff, and I believe was very perfect to the music they're into. And another thing, the screamer(Dennis) is also very lovely and I have to admit is also perfect to their music. Deductively speaking, lyrics with vehemence and anger has to go perfect with a whining vocals and a powerful lunatic screamer.

Very impressive. Apology and Congratulations I Hate You should go up to the best songs in the EP. The last track, "Early Morning" should be recognized as it portrays most of the emotions in the album. I love everything, the voice, the scream, the guitar riffs, the bass stuff, the drummer, everything. Definitely great.

ValenceElectron
    Ridiculously wordy, but a good review. It'd be good to mention the use of piano ( on Congrats, I Hate You & Untitled) on the record.