Where Myth Fades To Legend review by Alesana

• Released: Jun 3, 2008
Alesana: Where Myth Fades To Legend

When I first heard a song on this band (from On Frail Wings of Vanity and Wax) I didn't really enjoy it at first. A friend of mine liked it and always played it, and I eventually started to like it. I especially like Dennis's parts in Red and Dying Evening when he does his high then low pitch screams together. I bought the new album and it sounds AMAZING! It shows how Alesana can go from hard-core songs like This Is Usually The Part Where People Scream and Obsession Is Such An Ugly Word but then it can be softer and calmer like As You Wish. Another thing that isn't all that good is the guitars. It goes great with the music, but if you try to play it yourself, it sounds different because you don't have a band to back it up.

The lyrics are okay, but the singing is amazing! With the screaming, you can't really understand what they say, only make out some words, but then you can usually remember what the screams were like. When you look at the lyrics online, you would expect them to be emo lyrics like I hate life, but they are sometimes about love or (what they were aiming for in their new album) about a myth. All in all, it's very good.

This album was simply great. I think it is equal to On Frail Wings overall. I think Alesana is better than anyother band I listen to because I prefer the higher pitched screaming, but that's just me. I love how catchy some of the songs are. If I lost this CD, I would go and buy 10 more just incase I lost one of them again!

Luis92x
    my good i just cant stop playing obsession is such a big word on my bass i think FWOVAW has a 9.5 and WMFTL has a 8.7 and i didn't know they use double bass in some songs :o that makes me idolize them even more!
    RaiLeff
    Hey! I think this is just as good as their other albums really, I havent stopped listening to it and As You Wish is really beautiful, the lyrics really got me and I love the way Shawn sings on A Most Profound Quiet "Im tired of washing my hands clean of what Ive done" and the cover art's great too by the way ..::RaiLeff::.. [!]
    Archaex
    I'm not caring too much for this CD, but these guys are MASTERS of breakdowns. I find myself not focusing on the songs when I listen to them and just waiting for the breakdown, especially for Sweetheart, You're Sadly Mistaken and Obsession is such an ugly word. Obsession Is Such An Ugly Word has an obsessive breakdown at the end, genius.