Where Myth Fades To Legend review by Alesana

• Released: Jun 3, 2008
Alesana: Where Myth Fades To Legend

The instruments in the songs, to me, are amazing. I love the sound of the guitars/bass and the drums together. The beats are breakdowns are very catchy and the screaming is perfect. Alesana has really written some great songs for this new album. Also, it is obvious that their writing and musical abilities have improved since their last album.

Although the lyrics on their last album, On Frail Wings of Vanity and Wax, were better, the lyrics of the new album are still very clever and well written. The screaming is all amazing and very unique as well as understandable. Especially with four screamers. What I do not like are the clean vocals. In nearly every song they are out of tune. I personally think that on an album, they should be nearly perfect. They are not very refined at all, but more raw and at times even make me cringe because the notes are obviously flat. That is one MAJOR disappointment on the album. Especially since it should be studio quality and also their second studio album.

Many say there are too many "cookie cutter" emo bands but for me, I take each song and appreciate them for what they are. Alesana is a very good band and aside from the awful and out of tune clean vocals, come far above many bands. Obviously the clean vocals are disappointing but there is nothing we can do. My favorite song is This Is Usually The Part Where People Scream. The intro guitar and screaming is awesome.

dxvxb
    i dont see any issue with the vocals on this album. the only thing about this album i dont like is on some songs how they repeat the same breakdown. other than that this album is amazing.
    shdowfox17
    the dude mentions how dennis has both high and low screams at the same time in one song. thats wrong,neh? theres 4 screamers...
    GodofCheesecake
    Archaex
    GodofCheesecake wrote: "Another thing that isn't all that good is the guitars. It goes great with the music, but if you try to play it yourself, it sounds different because you don't have a band to back it up." -Reviewer 2 That's one of the dumbest statements I've ever read in a review.
    It's true. The rhythem guitar plays really basic stuff, and the lead stuff is all pull offs to open string shit, so its kind of boring filler. It sounds good put together, but alone its boring.
    Senphay
    Amf ang ganda tlga ng mga 2g2g ng ALESANA amf d besT tlga. . U rily hiT my head bangz. . Amf. . .
    dv136669
    with people, saying this should not be on headbangers ball, i am not defending post-hardcore or any other related genres, but it is called "headbangers ball", not "we only play metal" there are plenty of debates on what should and should not be on there, but i mean really come on, who gives a flying ****, alesana is not my favorite band, but i mean there are enough metal, hardcore, grind, and noise influences, not to mention guttural vocals, it't not a competition to be "metal" they are not, but they are loud, abrasive, and heavy.
    Guitar4life1210
    goal91 wrote: it's a pretty good album...but shawn's vocals just make me cringe most of the time. he was much better on FWOVAW and even then, they weren't spectacular.
    EXACTLY.