Alexisonfire review by Alexisonfire

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Alexisonfire: Alexisonfire

First of, the style in this album is indubitably screamo, so if you don't like that genre, you might not like this album. The guitar harmony on this album is awesome; it unexpectedly goes together. I love the bass solos since Alexisonfire actually does them. The drumming is good too.

I love random lyrics, so that makes me partial to this album. Alexis writes simple but phenomenal lyrics like "I lied when I said I was hard, because I'm as soft as a thrift store sweater and twice as worn in." The lyrics fit very well with the music, and the singing/screaming skill are amazing. George displays the emotion of the lyrics very well, whereas Dallas adds a crooning touch to the otherwise screamo music.

I really enjoyed this album and now I'd have to number Alexisonfire as one of my favorite bands. It's hard for me to choose the songs I like the best, but they would have to be "Where No One Knows" and "The Kennedy Curse." I would buy this album again if I needed too. I would recommend this album to anyone who likes screamo or emo.