Crisis review by Alexisonfire

• Released: Aug 22, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
Alexisonfire: Crisis

The sound of the music is definitely an understatement of what Alexis is capable of. Upon hearing it, my foot was tapping because of the catchy riffs, but after a couple of plays, it slowly deteriorated until it wasn't fun to listen to. It was not harmonic and beautiful like they once portrayed in their self-titled album in 2002. Still, though, it was okay to listen to, but I must say that I was rather disappointed.

The lyrics had similar issues to the sound. I have a sweet spot for poetic, hard-to-understand lyrics, and this album didn't come anywhere close to hitting it. It sounded like they got lazy and decided to sound like any other post-hardcore band. Once again, it was mediocre at best.

For my overall impression, it's definitely catchy, and something you should take a look at. The musical riffs are interesting, but aren't as melodic as the stuff that Alexis has done in the past. Also, the lyrics are okay, and are barely a step above other post-hardcore material. However, I seriously advise you to listen to some of their older stuff, as it is much deeper and profound than this disappointment of an album.