Crisis review by Alexisonfire

• Released: Aug 22, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Alexisonfire: Crisis

Alexisonfire haven't sold out yet, the CD is good I love the CD but it's not as rockin' as self-titled or "Watch Out!" "Watch Out!" being their best record to date. The songs are far poppier, less screaming orrentated and easier to hear lyrics. However the guitar is rather lacking on this record.

The overall impression of the lyrics were they were trying way to hard, they seemed less from the gut and heart then the previous 2 records. Well the compliance of the lyrics with the music was rather good, but self-titled and watch out were far better and more fun to listen to.

Well I don't think you can compair alexis to any other band really they have a distintive sound. The Most impressive song was either Drunks, Lovers, Sinners & Saints or This Could Be Anywhere In The World. What I love about this album is that Wade gets to sing a bit more so his sneering tones adds a more of a fear element to the songs, I would however like to hear more from George and Dallas next album, also the drums weren't as on par this album as with the previous 2. I would buy it again if lost or stolen because it would complate my collection again and if I'm missing an album no matter how mediocre form a band I like I feel the need to re-buy it, over all it was ok for 14 bucks but it was no where near as good as it should have been.

Zamboni
    blinnk16 wrote: that's true, but the "guest singer" you speak of is Wade, the guitarist opposite of Dallas.
    There's another singer appearing on the album in that one song, not part of alexis checked
    Alibi:Destroyed
    Alexisonfire is one of my favorite bands. I love the work they did on their previous albums. I've only heard one song from this cd and from that I'm gonna have to say that if they're trying to be more "radio friendly" this isn't going to do it. I bet City and Colour could get on the radio.