Crisis review by Alexisonfire

• Released: Aug 22, 2006
Alexisonfire: Crisis

For a lot of the album "crisis" it is typical alexisonfire sound, fast melody-based guitar licks played over simple chords. At the same time though this album shows a lot more diversity then some of the other AOF albums in the sense that you get some songs that are hard/heavy, some songs that are more typical AOF style with fast rock, and some songs that are quieter, which you don't usually get from and AOF album. The singing in "crisis" is typical George screamo but I found there was quite a bit more of Dallas' singing with the higher toned more classical singing style. That is a big plus for me, but don't worry if it's not your thing, there is still tons of screamo courtesy of our friend George! I consider this album to be post-hardcore/rock/indie.

The lyrics on this album I think are just amazing. Most of the songs lyrics are stories being told by the band which is creative from a band and very different then a lot of what you see coming out of bands now-a-days such as love songs, hate songs, really stupid songs that have no real meanings and are just random words thrown together that rthyme. Like I said under the sound of the album there is a lot more of Dallas' singing voice but the songs still maintain as much George-screamo as before, so don't feel like you're missing out! Overall the singing quality is very good. At some points it's quite hard to understand the words that are being screamed, but like most screamo that's the case. In the CD book there is a clear printout of all the lyrics so it is easy to scream-along if you wish to do so. The singing belted out by Dallas and Wade is very good and very clear. Overall great lyrics and singing.

This is an amazing album, the best AOF album yet I think. Definitely a CD you want to pick up for your collection. Great sound, great lyrics, great playing and vocals, a solid 9/10 for me. it definitely compares to other CD's on the market right now, and I recommend it for everyone.

sector_seven
    alright, another great album from alexisonfire thats all I have to say about it. Alot of people were telling me that the album sucks but they dont know what the f**k there talking about. thats my point and thats all im going to say about it.
    pyritmann
    AWESOME album, no one talks about rough hands, but i think it was a great way to end the cd, i love the song soooo much, powerful lyrics so what if its soft, soft can be good 2.
    j-walk
    All three of thier albums are so different. Watch out is definitely my fav. The next album should follow that approach where dallas sings the verse and george screams the course.
    umtheH
    They have influenced me into all kinds of rock of the world including different bands from different coutries.
    HeavyDT
    Crsis is alright i guess but alexisonfire is their best work every song on the cd is amazing even the worst song on the cd is still great its a classic if you ask me i wish more people knew about them