Watch Out! review by Alexisonfire

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Alexisonfire: Watch Out!

This album is excellent from front to back. The guitar work is some of the best well put together music I've heard for a while. Songs like "It Was Fear Of Myself That Made Me Odd" and "Happiness By The Kilowatt" have some of the sickest riffs as well as intense drumming.

This album is packed with a lot more singing than the last one. In "Side Walk When She Walks" there is no screaming at all. And the lyrics seem to be written specifically towards the music allowing a most excellent sound. Reading these lyrics presents a story for each of the tracks, and for this reason the intense screaming seems necessary and welcomed.

Watch Out! is different than their first album, however it is must easier to listen to if you are not used to this particular genre of music. All of the songs are good, other than "White Devil" which seems to lack something, for this it feels somewhat incomplete and repetitive. I love this album, the only downside is it only lasts about 43 minutes. I would definitely purchase this album again if something should happend to it. Get this album.