Watch Out! review by Alexisonfire

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Alexisonfire: Watch Out!

Alexisonfire is generally a screamo band, but leans a bit more to emo than their screamo counterparts. It doesn't sound like what I've heard in other bands. The sound is great for a second album. Guitars and bass are played very well and sometimes fly into wicked riffs, but some songs are repetitive and the drums can sound amaturish.

"Watch Out!" is a major improvement from the self-titled Alexisonfire. Dallas and George harmonize well. Dallas' singing matches the songs very well, and he has majorly improved. His voice is more recognizable, and he has a whole song to himself. I believe George comes very close to singing on this album, and I was pleasantly suprised at how good he was. All of the lyrics are written by Alexisonfire, and they're easy to listen to. But as I said with the sound, some of the lyrics are repetitive, especially in "That Girl Possessed."

I thought the most impressive songs on this album were "It Was Fear Of Myself That Made Me Odd" and "Get Fighted." The track that was lacking was "That Girl Possessed." I knew a few songs by Alexisonfire, but this album got me hooked. This album would have to be one of the best I've heard, since it varies a lot from what I usually listen to. If I lost it I would for sure buy it again. I'd recommend this album to anyone who likes screamo or is looking for an alternative to mainstream rock.