Watch Out! review by Alexisonfire

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Alexisonfire: Watch Out!

Very well recorded album. It sounds like it took a long time to make and the songs probably took ages to get perfect. Lots of good riffs, especially "It Was Fear Of Myself That Made Me Odd". There are some songs which seem quite repetitive and get quite boring though. Fantastic guitar playing and the drums fit perfectly. Some good bass-lines too, such as "White Devil".

The lyrics seem quite stupid in some parts, and a lot of the time you can't actually understand what the singer is singing/screaming. But generally the lyrics are good and you can relate to them in some songs quite well. Although the singer has a strong voice, for both screaming and singing. "You were never one for confrontations but now it all lies in your hands" Sharks And Danger. This is a good lyrics. I think the lyrics and vocals have been fitted really well into all the songs, I know from experience it is to write a decent song and fit the words in well, but alexisonfire have done a perfect job.

This album is definately Alexisonfire's better album. Lots of the songs are excellent. My favorite songs are Get Fighted, White Devil and It Was Fear Of Myself That Made Me Odd. Alexisonfire are very different to a lot of bands. They seem to cross lots of genres, from emo, to rock, to metal etc. In parts they remind me of a heavy Hawthorne Heights but they also sound very different to everything else. Overall a very decent album.