Watch Out! review by Alexisonfire

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Alexisonfire: Watch Out!

I got "Wach Out" a few about 2 weeks after I got Crisis and I was pleasantly shocked at how different they sounded. The sound drasticly improved since their debut, now you can clearly hear Dallas's voice, George has improved on his screaming and now you get to hear Wade sing more often. The guitars are superb and it probably toke a long time to perfect all the riffs, the bass is is great and is far more notceable than it is on Crisis and Jesse's drumming is amazing, it's such a shame that he had to leave the band. This CD isn't as agressive sounding as it is their debut but it still has some great riffs and now feels a lot more like an album than a bunch of teenagers playing their insterments as hard and as loud as they can. Orveral this is an amazing album and is to any harcore rockers likeing.

As I said before you can really hear Dallas and Wade sing and Gearge's screaming is a lot better. The lyrics ave improved just as much as they did on the singing, now you can relate to what there singing about, personaly I think the best lyrics are in "Accedents" and "White Devil" but in songs like "Shars And Danger" and "Side Walk When She Walks" I have no idea of what their talking about. I would give the singing 9 and lyrics 7.

Here's a track listong of what I thought of the album 01. Accedents - the first single and a great opaning track. Lyricly this is the best on the album talking about problems with the health care. The only problem for me was the brige was way to long. 02. Control - a great follow-up of Accedents starting of with George screaming to his fullest and then Dallas and Wade harminize the song perfectly. The only problem with the song is again the brige, but other wise my third favrout track. 03. It Was Fear Of Myself That Made Me Odd - great song, one of the softer songs on the record and is my second favorut song on on the CD. 04. Side Walk When She Walks - Dallas has this whole song to himself I don't really like the lyrics but the song is still good. 05. Hey, It's Your Funeral Mama - I think this is the third single on the record. Great rift, the lyrics are about Go-Kating but the chors isen't all that great to me. 06. No Transitory - the second single on the record. I diden't like it all that much at first but now I think it's one of the best on the record. 07. Sharks And Danger - my least favorut song. The lyrics aren't that good and it spends too much time lisening to the man talking on the phone then the actual song. 08. That Girl Possesed - the hardest track on the album, about a rape. other than that there's not much to say about it exept it's an exellent song. 09. White Devil - at first I hated this song, it was only after I bought the album I really started to like it and now it; s may favorut song on the CD. The lyrics are about doing drugle and looking a certant way so everyone will thnik your "cool." 10. Get Fighted - this song also took a while to like. The most dramatic song on the album and defanetly one of the better ones. 11. Happiness By The Kilowatt - the softest song on the album and a nice closing track.

sector_seven
    Alexisonfire the ultimate band from Ontario. On this album "watch out" you can see how the band matured alot more personaly and musicaly. Dallas Green has mastered his vocals and is more involved in the singing in the band, theres alot less screaming than the first self titled album "alexisonfire", every single song on this album is amazing, my favorite song on the album is "watch out", the lyrics reflect what drug abuse will do to you.
    dreamerontherun
    there is no song called watch out on the album sector_seven. n for the review stating sharks and danger as ur least favourite, are u serious? do u even like innovative music, because that's probably the best song they've ever made, as musicians. it has an insane bassline and the bit "razor wire" at the end is just awesome in the purest sense of the word. anyway this is a ****ing crazy album. possibly the best rock/hardcore band in the world at the moment.
    j-walk
    My fav song is " it was fear of myself that made me odd " that song gives me chills up my spine.