Along Came A Spider review by Alice Cooper

• Released: Jul 29, 2008
Alice Cooper: Along Came A Spider

I'm going to start by saying, I had never heard an Alice Cooper Album before this (sad I know) and I basically listened to it after some songs I heard on his myspace. well I can easily say this is the best impulse buy I have ever made when it comes to music! The sound on this album is your typical hard rock record, it ain't heavy but it's rockin' and fun and the music never gets boring, besides the odd ballad, most songs are distorted and have some good if not great riffs in them. The drums and more so bass, stand out as excellent on the album. The whole thing sounds nice and clear and to my ears, seems mixed quite well.

The Lyrics plain and simply are twisted. The whole lyrical theme seems to be straight out of a cheesy 1960's horror movie, and are definitley a huge standout on the album, putting it apart from other albums I have heard. Without going into detail, the whole album is a story/concept about a twisted murderer who hunts women like a spider. funny or scary depending on what type of person/age you are and anotehr part of the beauty of this album, different people will have different feelings towards th lyrical themes and lyrics. As usual Alice's singing is great and easily the highlight overall of the album, he really sounds like he is crazy, and not someone you would want to run into a dark alley in.

There isn't really anything I hate about the album. Like most albums it will get tiring after a while, but it's definitley an album you can come back to and rediscover again and again. The only thing I could think of is that it's a tad on the short side and that a few more theatrical touches could really add character to the songs and make the whole thing shine a bit more. These things are minimal though and shouldn't stop each and every one of you from running out and grabbing this record to rock out to!

Spay
    Looks like Alice has still got it. I might have to impulse buy this one myself. Love his radio show by the way xD
    Ironpriest
    man, i TOTALLY agree!there's nothing else to say!
    lol cheers, glad you liked my review
    Ironpriest
    Anybody know if he is planning on touring this album? I would love to know if he will bring it to Australia