Brutal Planet review by Alice Cooper

• Released: Jun 6, 2000
Alice Cooper: Brutal Planet

This disc is just pure heavy, dark, raw, powerful, and angry rock. I first heard these songs in the DVD Alice Cooper Brutally Live. The guitars plain out breathe fire, truly some of the greatest tracks for guitar in a long time. The lyrics are sinaster and some of the best lyrics Alice has ever written. Drums, the power! The drums are truly a work of art in this album. The bass pounds out the beat of some of the greatest Alice Cooper songs ever. I got about half of the songs off this album from iTunes, and the rest I saw on Brutally Live.

Lyrics are amazing in this album. Singing is incredible, Alice did a great job! Here are some examples of some powerful song lyrics. Pick up the bones ("Pick up the bones, and set them on fire, follow the smoke, goin' higher and higher, pickup the bones, and wish them good night, pray 'em a prayer, and turn out the lights"), Gimme ("I know all your desires, your heart is so full of pain, is their something I can provide?, when you feel like life's past you bye, I'm on your side"), Wicked Young Man ("I like to run my body on heavy heavy fuel, I can punch through a wall I can kick like a mule, I got a pocketful of bullets and a blueprint of the school, I'm the devil's little soldier I'm the devil's little tool, I am a vicious young man, oh I am a wicked young man, It's not the games that I play the movies I see the music I dig, I'm just a wicked young man"), Brutal Planet ("Why don't you, come down to, It's such a brutal planet It's such an ugly world, Why won't you, come down to"), What A Sight ("This world is such perfection"), For My Eyes ("It's just like paradise"). That's a samle of some good parts of a few of my favorites on this great album.

This is probably one of my favorite albums ever! Best songs on the album (my opinion, in order of least to fav.): Wicked Young Man, Pick Up The Bones, Gimme, Brutal Planet, Blow Me A Kiss, Sanctuary. I love the overall power and evil of this great Alice album. If it were stolen or lost, the guy ho stole it would be hunted down and not live to steal another album ever again.

metal jello
    jakewynnrocks
    metal jello wrote: King Krapp wrote: M.B.MetalTabber wrote: What are you on about teenrocker? 'Can't Sleep The Clowns Will Eat Me' isn't on this album, and this album has much more fascinating guitar work than most of his other albums - it is by far his best band line-up to date, and how can you say that he doesn't have an impressive singing voice? Listen to Sanctuary, how many other SINGERS do you know who could TALK throughout a song and still have it sound amazing. Oh, and the songs are not repetative. I might as well have done my own review of the album hadn't I?! Can't sleep clowns will eat me IS on this album. Technically, his singing voice is unimpressive, but in terms of sound, it's great. I think that's what teenrocker is trying to say, and I agree with him. Where did you get that song? I've been looking for a dwonload 'cause it's not on iTunes!!!! Can you put a hyperlink to the website or place you got that song from?
    you can get it on lime wire. thats the only place i could find it.....