Brutal Planet review by Alice Cooper

• Released: Jun 6, 2000
Alice Cooper: Brutal Planet

I was completely blown away by this album. I loved Alice before I heard this and I love him even more after hearing it. Prior to my first listen, I had previously heard and enjoyed the song "Wicked Young Man", which is still one of my top 10 songs by the Coop. Alice explored a whole new playing field with this album, switching from his more traditional Hard rock sound to a very Metal album, but still very Alice. There are a lot of similarities to Industrial Metal, it kind of has a slight Manson feel to it, but this album is lightyears better than anything Manson ever put out. This is by far, my favorite Alice Cooper album.

The Majority of the lyrics deal with religious tones. Alice using "Brutal Planet" as a metaphor for Hell and what not. Its dark, but still has that great Alice feel at points. Alice sounds amazing on this album. His vocals on "Brutal Planet" send chills up my spine.

As I said before its very much Industrial in its sound, mixed with Traditional Metal and Classic Rock as well as some slight occurrences of Thrash (on "Its The Little Things") while still being very Alice. The songs that impress me the most: - "Brutal Planet": absolutely amazing. - "Wicked Young Man": A great riff and the lyrics are dark yet somewhat comical. - "Gimme": The lyrics are a masterpiece, mix that with the riff and you have a great song. - "Pick Up The Bones": This song is very slow, and cold almost... leading in to the powerful chorus. I love everything about this album. Its brilliant to the point of Perfection.