Mascara & Monsters: The Best Of Alice Cooper review by Alice Cooper

• Released: Jan 16, 2001
Alice Cooper: Mascara & Monsters: The Best Of Alice Cooper

One of the very first hard rock bands on the planet, Alice Cooper pioneered the areas involving heavy guitars, screaming vocals, and loud, solid rock and roll. This collection of hits includes over 20 classic Cooper Hits and they are all the ones you would expect: School's Out, I'm Eighteen, Poison etc. What Alice Cooper brought to rock and roll will never be forgotten and he lives on through the future generations of humans.

Since the Alice Cooper thing really got kicking in the '70s, there was a lot of lyrics involving love and romance around the band. Vince continued to expand on the same subject while adding some theoristic stanpoints in his songs. But there were also big rock anthems around that time like "Born To Be Wild" and "Were An American Band" that he seemed to model off for tunes like School's Out. Vince isn't the best singer in the world but he keeps your attention. I saw a concert of Alice Cooper recently and he still hasn't lost his touch.

Alice Cooper is only classic so there is only so far he can go on the awesomeness scale right? Wrong! Being that this album contains all of the classics and other songs like Welcome to My Nightmare and Is It My Body, it adds a little flare to the recording that the albums released by the 20th Century collection fail to bring out. If you are not into buying greatest hits albums or already have all of the Alice Cooper CDs then this is not for you. However, this is the ideal starter CD for a new Cooper fan.