Trashes The World [DVD] Review

artist: Alice Cooper date: 01/30/2007 category: compact discs
Alice Cooper: Trashes The World [DVD]
Release Date: 1990
Taken from his Trash world tour, Trashes the World once again displays Alice Cooper's musical power and shocking live performance theatrics. Cooper's vocals sound decent, the band plays enthusiastically, and the show covers all of his big '70s hits, along with about two-thirds of Trash.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 7
 8.4
 8.8
 7.9
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
Trashes The World [DVD] Reviewed by: horrordream333, on january 30, 2007

Sound: I can remember the first time I had ever heard Alice Cooper. I was three years old, and "Poison" was the current hit single by the granddaddy of shock rock. The video was captivating, the song wormed it's way into my brain, and from that point on, I was hooked on anything this man put out. The first Cooper concert video I ever saw was "The Nightmare Returns", and it's something I still enjoy to this day. However, there's a concert video that, to me, trumps "...Nightmare Returns". Bear witness to "Alice Cooper Trashes The World". "...Trashes The World" is a concert video from 1990 of a performance in England at the Birmingham International Arena. With a new band in tow, Cooper blazes through many of the tracks from 1989's "Trash", as well as a few older favorites, like staples "I'm Eighteen" and "Ballad Of Dwight Fry", as well as other chestnuts such as "Desperado" and "Muscle Of Love." Long available only on VHS, this was released on DVD in November of 2004. The movie is still remarkably as fresh and vibrant as it was when it was released, and the edgy take on many of the classics ("Gutter Cats Vs. The Jets" is a stand-out example) gives a new audience a modern taste of Cooper pre-"Trash" era. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to other artists, this still shows by and far why Alice Cooper is the granddaddy of shock rock! As 1990 slips farther and farther away, this part of Cooper's history still remains remarkably fresh. There are still fans out there who enjoy Cooper's late-'80s comeback, as it proved to everyone that the snake still had all of his bite, with bark to back it up as well. The most impressive thing about this DVD is seeing Alice Cooper's comeback coming full-circle, the master unleashing his fury on a packed arena of followers old and new. I love the vibrance and the passion of the concert displayed on this DVD, hell, I love the concert itself. Alice Cooper gives us everything but the kitchen sink here. It's too bad that it seems as if the company squandered on the production quality of the re-release. There are many things which could have been done much, much better. This release deserves more! If it were stolen, I would most definitely get it again. While there are definitely Alice Cooper concert DVDs which are by and far more well-produced (check out "Brutally Live" and the re-release of "Good To See You Again" as perfect examples), this is still a standout effort. Like I've said before, the concert alone is enough to draw you in. A treat for the old fans, an introduction for the new ones, "Alice Cooper Trashes The World" is a great effort all around. // 9

Comments