Welcome 2 My Nightmare review by Alice Cooper

• Released: Sep 13, 2011
Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare

Alice Cooper's "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" will be Alice's latest release, set for release around the 13th of September, Alice fans are in for a treat! I have been an Alice Cooper fan for a while now and to my surprise I find that this album delivers. The Sound is Alice's sound, for most of the album that is. The song "Caffeine" is something I would expect from Alice, both in sound, and lyrically. While there are those kind of classic guitar driven songs that feature on the album. The opening song "I am Made Of You" is a slow piano driven song that features guitar mixed in throughout the song. The song also features Auto-tuning of Alice's voice. While I am not keen on the whole Auto-tuning thing, it does add that depth to his voice, as the Auto-tuned parts are slow and dark. One "must listen to" song of the album in my opinion, is "The Congregation". It seems to be very riff based, but that's what I tend to like. "A Runaway Train" Begins as a rock and roll sound but seems to almost take a turn towards a country style song. "Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever" is also worth mentioning, is that Alice attempts a disco song, although about half way through it transitions into a faster paced electric guitar driven song. There are hits and misses on this album, but the more I listen to the album, the more I find myself singing the songs I thought I didn't originally like. In regards of sound, it is definitively Alice, and Alice has always tried to push the boundaries, as he does in this new album.

The lyrics are very Alice. The lyrics and themes that appear in the songs on this new album seem to stick with the whole Alice Cooper style of lyrics. The first single from the album "I'll Bite Your Face Off". This is a classic example of the Alice Cooper style we all have come to love. Alice is lyrically sticking to what he knows best, and this new album is really something.

Having been only one of a few who have got a hold of this album pre-release, I don't want to give too much about it away, but in my opinion as an Alice fan, it would definitely be something to look forward to. Notable Songs-In the order they appear on the album 1. I am Made Of You - Was not to keen on this song as the opening song but it has grown on me the more I listen to it 2.Caffeine - One of my favorite songs from the album, definitely worth a listen. 3.The Congregation - My absolute favorite song on this album. It has a great hook, and it extremely catchy. 4. I'll Bite Your Face Off - Being the album's single it has got alot of publicity and is definitely a decent song. 5. What Baby Wants - This song has received publicity as Alice features on this track along side Ke$ha. It is a decent song, but I'm not into this kind of music, as it sounds more like a Ke$ha song. Overall, In my opinion, this is a solid album. Like many artists, the album does feature some misses, but the songs that hit the spot hit it well. As many people say, its about quality not quantity. This album features many quality songs, and the quality songs on this album tick all the right boxes.

Tarsplitter
    That last review is a joke. 'All of the songs sound far too similar" - "massive variety of the type of songs on the album". Yeah... so I'm gonna go by the two other reviews and get this album ASAP!
    Snakebite94
    Kesha sounds GREAT on this album. She is defiantly one of the highlights on the album. I think this album has took a lot of chances and some of the chances paid off, but there is 2 or 3 tracks on this album which I do not like, but the rest of them make up for it 100%
    skyturnedred
    I agree with slaveskinJACKET, Last Man On Earth is awesome. There are some other good songs on this album, but a lot of mediocre ones too. But overall I think it's a very good listen, if you give it time and listen to the story.
    imarockstar2
    it is one of the best alice albums i have heard and ke$ia is not one of my favorite singers but no one coul have done it better. the best tracks i think are disco bloodbath boogie fever and what baby wants. the album is like 13 bucks just BUY IT!
    Warrior47
    ninfan200 wrote: kesha is the reason i wont buy this...the fact that alice cooper likes her and has worked with her is the reason i lost all respect for him
    So, you're judging him on one personal connection he has and judging the album on one guest artist without listening to it?
    Sir Mercury
    Many will probably hate this albums but I love every min of it. Brave, fun and groovy. Hopefully Alice has the guts to play it live! Off to the record store now.
    SlayerX114
    i thought this album was brilliant, unique songs and dynamic story telling. 1 or 2 sleepers but everything else was a good listen
    dethmetal999
    In all fairness, it doesn't take much courage for Alice Cooper to release a concept album. The guy is rich, so he can just make the music that he wants to make. That aside, this album is AWESOME!!
    davis_kiel
    Hmmm, almost finished listening to the album for the first time. Have to give it a couple more listens I guess. Was definitely put of by the auto-tune on the first track. Don't really know what to make of it.
    slaveskinJACKET
    Strangely, I thought The Last Man on Earth was the best song on the album. I'm not a fan of the album as a whole (especially the laughably-bad Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever -- sounds like Kesha should have been on that one, too), but overall, the album's not bad. I liked it more than Along Came a Spider. And there is some tasty guitar work throughout the entire album. As mediocre as the album is, though, in contrast to other new music, it's pretty impressive.
    stonedhippos
    these are some great songs. didn't really dig some of the parts of the kesha song, primarily because she is singing, but besides that i thought the songs were pretty good.
    BuffysPregnant
    Kesha being featured on it and what I've heard about it makes me wonder if this is worth getting. I'll listen to the songs on other sites before I make this decision.
    davis_kiel
    Listening now for the third time. Like it much more than the first time. Still hate the auto-tune on the first song. Seeing Alice next month for the first time!!
    swave75
    Big fan of Alice Cooper. Dressed up for Halloween like him once. Hope the album is good cause the first one is a classic.
    Oreosmith
    Don't listen to the reviews, reviews are nothing but opinion. I personally love the album, it's a lot better than the reviews say! It's very creepy and horror-like, if you love that autumn-halloween-feeling buy this album! It's very chilling and spooky!
    angrymop24
    You, sir, are in for a treat
    Ironpriest
    I was so excited for this and I'm a huge fan, however there is barely a single song on here that I enjoy
    ninfan200
    robhc
    This album came out TODAY! How can you write an even remotely reliable review of it already?
    SGofawesome
    I don't understand how they can give this a 7.7 but Anthrax's "Worship Music" gets a 6.6! Worship is way better!