Welcome 2 My Nightmare review by Alice Cooper

• Released: Sep 13, 2011
Alice Cooper: Welcome 2 My Nightmare

"Welcome 2 My Nightmare" is a step in many different directions for Alice Cooper, but all ways lead to success! Alice really branched out on this one, recording many different genres of songs to probably receive more hits. From an auto-tuned song known as "I Am Made Of Yo", to a disco track appropriately named "Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever", to beach rock "Ghouls Gone Wild", and even a slow country song called "Something To Remember Me By", Alice's new nightmare has definitely changed over the years. Personally, I enjoy all these songs because I can find something great in all genres of music. I think die hard Hard Rock Cooper fans won't have a very hard time enjoying this new album, because Alice puts his own twist on all these genres of music. For those true hard rock fans, "I'll Bite Your Face Off" is definitely the one to hear. I saw him place this song live in concert before I bought the album, and was actually the reason why I did.

The lyrics of these new Alice Cooper songs range greatly, as they do with the genres of music. I found myself laughing while I heard a line in "Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever", "Get down on your knees, and keep your trap shut!", with the echoes of zombie-like creatures in the background of a disco song. The entire song really is a masterpiece in itself, and you'll find it's the same case in all of the songs.

"Welcome 2 My Nightmare" is a masterpiece spawned from the hellfires in Alice Cooper's mind. This album has at least a song or two for every type of music lover, but the most impressive songs on this album has to be "I'll Bite Your Face Off" and "The Underture"; an instrumental which contains parts of songs from the first and second nightmares. I love the diversity of the album, with all the various genres of music making this album a very different but amazing ride. However, I would have loved an entire hard rock album from Alice Cooper, as hard rock is the music I think Alice does best. This album is under great protection, but if it were stolen and the thief lived to run away with the album, I would absolutely but it again! "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" is the yet another masterpiece by the great Alice Cooper that I think all will enjoy!