Alice In Chains review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Nov 21, 1995
Alice in Chains: Alice In Chains

Probably my least favorite of all Alice's albums, but it is still a pretty good album nonetheless. Layne I think was really on drugs during the recording of this album because it doesn't hardly even sound like him singing, he sounds more like a cartoon character, but other than that I thought the songs were really catchy and as always, Jerry Cantrell amazed me with his guitar and vocals.

Like I said, Layne wasn't doing so hot in the vocal department, but in a weird way those vocals went really well with Jerry's riffs. Layne is a phenomenal vocalist but I just think some of his previous work was a whole lot better as far a vocals go. Songwriting was very unique. A lot of short verses had a mellow tone and just blast into a loud chorus. I liked the songwriting.

Not Alice's best work but still an ok album. Songs like "Grind", "Again", and "Over Now" were all my personal favorites. If this album was stolen I would probably re-buy it because I'm a huge AIC fan and I loved what those guys did in their 15 year career. So go buy the album and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.