Black Gives Way To Blue review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Sep 29, 2009
Alice in Chains: Black Gives Way To Blue

First of all this is the best album ever released recently. Alice in Chains will always be the best because of Jerry Cantrell's awesome gift from God, the late Layne's voice was hauntingly beautiful, and the rest of the band came with the package and from there they are and became the greatest ever. This is my review for each song: 01. All Secrets Known: Best intro and comback from a band that I have heard so far and deffinetly one of my favorite. I love the harmonies and the nice slow but heavy guitar riff. Gives a very good vibe too. 02. Check My Brain: This is an awsome song and the riffs just lay it down. Love it. 03. Last of My Kind: Dam to me its effin g00d the way it just feels angry and dirty, makes you want to get up and just make you feel like a man. 04. Your Dicision: Relaxes you and gives a g00d vibe and a lesson to choose your life and well its very well done. 05. A Looking in View: I made a drawing dedicated to this and I feel like there is more that you need to see than wat u see in your eyes, but in ur mind, somewhow it reminds me of Terminator: Salvation :P 06. When The Sun Rose Again: Beautiful well put sounds of the acoustic and bongos while the vocals just seem hauntingly smooth 07. Acid Bubble: sounds sludgy and the harmonies are wat makes you want to sing and feel the musik within you and what it makes you feel and the best part is when it changes to a fast tempo..... 08. Lesson Learned: great song, i soon started like this song more and like singing with the harmonies, very nice 09. Take Her Out: idk if this is somesort of love song but does make you think of a loved one ha, just take her out..... 10. Private Hell: very beautiful and it does definetly sound like Layne is singing with them. 11. Black Gives Away To Blue: The best slow song ever!!! I would sing this to my friends and my family anyday. and the best part is the lead guitar sounding like its weeping.....

The lyrics overall are great and they have influenced me alot. I guess you can say that the lyrics were my instructions of life, the way I felt and wat to do with my life. The harmonies were very g00d, just like the old Alice in Chains. Pay attention to the lyrics because they give you advice in life or even though it doesn't it is a kikass album hopefully brining Grunge back and destroying the pop mainstream sh*t thats going on these days.

Ever single song, seconds was absolutly amazing and love it alot. I garuntee you my band will cover everysong from this album in one nite ot many times. I reccomend it to every single person in the whole world even in space to the aliens. Hope there next album will be as good as this. Last of all it would be an honor to meet them especially Jerry Cantrell because he is one of my best influnces in life, making me not give up on my dream...

Mainer
    I got AIC Unplugged a few months ago, and I passed right by this cd. I wasn't sure how it'd be without Layne, now I want to get it.