Dirt review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Sep 29, 1992
Alice in Chains: Dirt

If I was to land on a desserted island with only a CD player and five CDs, this would be one of them. Alice In CHains are one of the most inspirational bands I have ever listened to. Without Staleys incredibly haunting voice and Jerry Cantrells amazing songwriting talents, the band would not have got where they are today. This is by far their best work to date. It is a damn shame that Staley messed his life up with heroin addiction. He wasted such talent and just dropped dead on the floor. There are all sorts of unique numbers on this masterpiece. For example there are songs with really neat bass guitar intros such as 'Rain When I Die' and the unforgettable 'Would?' and there are also stunningly beautiful ballads like 'Rooster' and 'Down In A Hole'. If you have the slightest affection for this band, you are gonna love this. This is an essential purchase by Alice in chains.

Would they have made it just with the music? Maybe, but Alice In Chains would not have sold as many records as they have today without their lyrics and would not have definately made it without Cantrells tireless songwriting. He was (and still is) by far the highest talent in the band. The beautiful masterpiece 'Rooster' was about his father in the vietnam war which has simple but stunning lyrics and there are haunting, spine-tingling lyrics like 'Them Bones' which is about how likely it is for Layne to die which was actually written by him.

Korntera
    If you are wondering why my impression isnt there i did definately write it in,4 some reason they did not post it in