Facelift review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Aug 28, 1990
Alice in Chains: Facelift

Alice in Chains' debut album has an awesome sound. I absolutely do not care if they use grunge distortion, those guys play heavy metal and they play it good. So far, my best favorite band of the 90's is Alice In Chains. 'Facelift' is a great start. The solos in the songs are worthy of a metal guitarist. The riffs are killer too. The lyrics are more on the dark side to me, and it goes well with the music.

01. "We Die Young" - My best favorite on the album. I like the intro riff and the other riffs like it, and the solo. 02. "Man In The Box" - A great hit for AIC. I favor the chorus the most. I love the solo. 03. "Sea Of Sorrow" - I liked the intro. 04. "bleed The Freak" - Great music and lyrics. 05. "I Can't Remember" - meh, Ok song. 06. "Love/Hate/Love" - I love the lyrics, especially "I live for you, but I'm not alive". I thought that was pretty catchy. The music is creepy and awesome. 07. "It Ain't Like That" - Love the chorus. 08. "Sunshine" meh, Ok song. 09. "Put You Down" - Cool song. Like the music. 10. "Confusion" - I like the chorus and how its sung. 11. "I Know Somethin (bout You)" - Awesome intro. Great singing. 12. "Real Thing" - Liked the lyrics.

Layne Staley is a great singer RIP. Jerry Cantrell is a great guitarist and I like his riffs and his solos are awesome. The other members are great too. I actually bought the 12 songs off RealPlayer's music store, for 6 dollars (49 cents per song, man! But I heard they aren't going to stay that cheap so buy your songs fast!) Great album. Don't diss it because it incorporates grunge distortion. Get it now.