Jar of Flies review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Jan 25, 1994
Alice in Chains: Jar of Flies

First of all I love Alice In Chains they were defintley the best band of the '90s and the best grunge band ever (well tied with Pearl Jam and Soundgarden). While Dirt and Facelift were their heaviest albums this album still kicks some major butt. They do some pretty sweet guitar work on this album combing their traditional drawn out distorted guitar riffs with some acoustic stuff. The result is some really sweet sounding music. I love this album. And the sound is really clean and crisp the music was recorded and mixed really well.

Layne Staley was the man. His vocals flat out ruled all. I love his vocals, they blend with the music pretty well (not as well as Pearl Jam). Staley was the best over all singer next Chris Cornell. RIP Layne Staley.

This is a great album and any grunge fan will love and any AIC fan will love it even more. While Dirt and Facelift are better and heavier this album will stand the test of time. If I lost this album I would defintley but it again. I own all the AIC albums and I love this one.