Music Bank review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Oct 26, 1999
Alice in Chains: Music Bank

Well I got this for christmas last year and I still love it. It's nothing short of great music. Most of the rarities and/or demos are on the first CD though. The fourth CD is an enhanced disc whic is dumb, it should have been a DVD. Unfortunately I cant play the enhanced disc in my computer so I am very disappointed with it. The demos are great (especially the stuff from their darker writing period), and the early reecordings/demos/live stuff really gives you the insight into what alice was like before we all grew to love em. Also for those of you who want to pop in a CD and hear the songs that you already love this set has many of em on it, so its all still very listenable. It's great for you Alice In Chains/grunge junkies.

Alice are on of my favorite lyrical bands. I can really connect with everything they write. Layne and Jerry singing in harmony really sends shivers down my spine. Layne has one of the top voices to come out of the grundge scene and I can't get enough of him (RIP).

I love this box set. I still listen to it non-stop a year later. I'm usulally not into compilations as much as I'm into this one. The rooster demo and all of their really early stuff is interesting to listen to. If this were lost or stolen I would buy six more to make sure I always had a copy.