Nothing Safe: Best Of The Box review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Jun 29, 1999
Alice in Chains: Nothing Safe: Best Of The Box

Well, this one was good, it is full of some of AIC's best songs and some live performances (flawless performance on Rooster) but I like the original studio takes, I now have to buy Dirt And Jar Of Flies to get the original Rooster (not to say the live performances aren't good) and other good songs I heard on Unplugged. This album is a perfect mixture of early and later hits from the band, as always dark and heavy in their alt. Metal style. There are light and dark sounds bouncing around in the album, and they all seem to blend together perfectly.

Jerry & Layne write some of the strongest lyrics I've ever heard. Dark and disturbing, they seem to blend perfectly with the music. You can feel the emotions that they portray, as if they can capture your soul and bring you along for the ride. Not to mention Layne is probably the most underated singers of all time. He's amazing, putting his heart and soul in everything he sings, like you can feel it. Not many singers can do that. It's a damn shame not many people know who Layne is or they only know him as a drug addict.

This is one of the greatest hits album you'll ever come across, so don't hesitate to buy it now! The only thing I don't like are the demos and live versions, I guess I just like originals the most. My favorite songs are Rooster, Man in the Box, I Stay Away, Would?, Them Bones, and We Die Young. If this were stolen I'd buy it again or get Dirt And Jar Of Flies cos' they're classics.