Nothing Safe: Best Of The Box review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Jun 29, 1999
Alice in Chains: Nothing Safe: Best Of The Box

This is the best Alice In Chains compilation that I own and it's not a commercial compilation with the mainstream singles of the band, which is great! Layne Staley was really much better than Kurt Cobain and he really knew how to make complex lyrics with a lot of metaphors. Alice In Chains had always been one of the most underrated bands of all times because they were alway changed by crap like Britney Spears or even Nirvana (I was very happy when I knew that the band was over, not because Kurt died, of course). There are just a few bands that had the impact in me like AIC had: POD, Incubus, Marilyn Manson, Saliva, Placebo, Nas (the best rapper in the world), and some more. When Layne Staley (the frontman of AIC) died because of drugs, MTV should have, at least, made a tribute to him, but, as usual, they did nothing and thought: Oh, another dead sucker. MTV sucks hard! They should have promoted this band when they needed, not subestimate them! They were real masters of music and one of the best bands of all time! AIC rocked 10 years ago, and they will always rock!

Mr. Staley's lyrics were brillianty because he had no problems saying what he wanted to. He was a tallented guy and he made some of the best lyrics ever made by everyone. In songs like "Would?" Layne really shows his skills and competences, which not comun! The songs in the album are: 01. Get Born Again 02. We Die Young (Demo) 03. Man In The Box 04. Them Bones 05. Iron Gland 06. Angry Chair 07. Down In A Hole 08. Rooster 09. Got Me Wrong 10. No Excuses 11. I Stay Away 12. What The Hell Have I 13. Gring 14. Again 15. Would? In my poin of view, this is not a collection of mainstream singles from AIC, but a compilation with the band's favourite songs, and that's what makes this album a masterpiece and a work of art.

Loving or hating, you have to admit thet those guys changed forever the history of Music. My favourite songs are: "Get Born Again," "Man In The Box," "Would?" and "Them Bones." They all are classics because they are immortal songs with unforgettable melodies and lyrics. If someone stole it from me, I would kick the guy's face until it was completely destroyed, but if I didn't find him, I would buy the album again, for sure! Go ahead and buy it too. They are immortal and you won't feel disappointed!