The Nona Tapes [DVD] Review

artist: Alice in Chains date: 08/17/2006 category: compact discs
Alice in Chains: The Nona Tapes [DVD]
Release Date: December 12, 1995
This strange and hilarious look into the lives of popular grunge band Alice In Chains puts some of rock music's most enigmatic personalities on display. Over-the-top hostess Nona Weisbaum leads the penetrating search for "Seattle Rock Boys," which results in candid interviews with Jerry Cantrell, Mike Inez, Sean Kinney, and the usually terse, brooding singer Layne Staley.
 Content: 8
 Production Quality: 7
 8.7
 7.8
 9.6
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
The Nona Tapes [DVD] Reviewed by: DownInAHole., on august 17, 2006

Sound: This is an extremely entertaining look into the goofy side of the members of our favorite band. It shows a side of the band, especially Layne, rarely seen. There is a major shortage of AIC merchandise available, so pick this one up at all costs. There isn't that much sound in this movie though except for the "Grind" music video at the end, which is good. But overall, this is more of a documentary than a concert. // 8

Overall Impression: All the "bits" they do are all somewhat humorous, but I can only say that I laughed outloud once or twice during the whole thing. If you live, eat, and breath AIC (like I do), get this video, but if you think you can live without it pick up one of their CDs, you'll be much happier. But I don't recommend it to a non Alice fan. I love it though. // 8

Comments