Unplugged review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Jan 1, 1996
Alice in Chains: Unplugged

This is possibly the best work Alice has released to date. The bands sound is very melodic, haunting, and can be very depressing on times. Especially on track such as "Nutshell" and "Frogs." Guitar work is impresive along with very coll and interesting bass tracks that stray from the typical "play the exact same thing as the guitar riff" approach and go through some interesting bass work. And of course layne and Jerry singing in harmony was at an all time high at that point.

The songs played in this set catalog some of the best lyricism done by the band. Some very dark stuff in songs like "Sludge Factory" and impressive but slightly melancholic love songs such as "No Excuses." It never fails to impress me, and the lyrics never go stale.

Out of the hundreds of albums I own this one is a very big standout. Songs like "No Excuses," "Nutshell," "Brother," and "Killer Is Me" are the stand out tracks on this album. My personal favorite is Nutshell. It's a great album to play along with. Everyone I've ever played this album for has loved it. I even got my parents to like this one. If this was lost or stolen I would die before I made it to the store to get a new one because I couldn't live without it.