Unplugged review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Jan 1, 1996
Alice in Chains: Unplugged

This is undoubtedly the best unplugged album released by any band to date. Yep, that means it beats out Kiss, Nirvana, The Cure, Rod Stewart, etc. This is a brilliant showcase of the bands true talent. They sang a few songs in a different key and made new solos making that much better. I loved this album so much that I bought the DVD and the tab book too.

As always Layne's vocals were amazing and Jerry's were pretty good too. Layne is probably one of the best singers from the 90s era of music, and Jerry Cantrell and Scott Olsson guitar work was shear genius. This recording inspired me to pick up a guitar and start playing.

Nothing compares to this album its truly one of a kind. I bought two copies, one for my car, and one for my house because it's that good. The centerpeice of this album would have to be "Rooster" because it got the most applause and you can tell they worked on that particular song more than others. If I ever lost it I would have to buy it again because it's a good one to have in the CD collection.