Unplugged review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Jan 1, 1996
Alice in Chains: Unplugged

Perfect. The sound of this album gets 99/100 only because of some vocal leaks, for example in Down in a Hole, where Layne misses some parts. Unfortunately that is due to the drug use. But, returning to the point, the vocals are clearly the best instrument in that orchestra: Layne overcame himself that night in all, and I mean all songs. The guitars were very good too, but it doesn't surprise me. The bronze medal goes to Mike. The bass work is actually brilliant. The silver medal belongs to Sean Kinney, who also had an amazing performance.

Not much to say. Layne knew how to join his fantastic lyrics with the emotion of his voice, and his partnership with Cantrell worked beautifully. Despite Layne did a couple of mistakes during the show, he managed to get some times a depressing, yet fantastic, emotive, excellent, melodic vocal performance.

This is the best unplugged album I know, no doubt about it. And I love unplugged albums because there is a certain intimacy from the band to the audience and it creates a unique environment that makes you live intensively that moment. That's why I think unplugged shows should only be seen in special occasions. And this show was, in fact, a very special occasion.

sambargun
    One of the very few unplugged albums worth listening to(and this is a must-listen).
    f1sk
    undoubtedly THE best unplugged album ever, a must have, and i dont usually enjoy acoustic music