Unplugged review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Jan 1, 1996
Alice in Chains: Unplugged

This is about my favorite band of all time. The sound is phenominal for the regular studio versions, and as a fan of acoustic music over regular electric, you can imagine how much I love this album. The sound is simply amazing, with a soft Nutshell, to a loud and incredibly powerful Would?, this album has it all. Every song has it's own new feel to it everytime you hear it. Simply amazing.

Layne Staley is one of the greatest singers of the grunge movement in the '90s. No, screw that, he was. Rooster tells a story of war, Would? about the feelings Jerry Cantrell felt about Andrew Wood and his passing from a heroin overdose, and No Excuses about Staley's own heroin abuse. Each one powerful with an incredible message.

This is without a doubt the best unplugged performance that you can hear. Nirvana is close, along with Clapton. But this surpasses it all. Simply put, it's incredible. If I somehow lost this album I would definately buy it again, or just burn it off of my hard drive. Either way, if I lost it and had to get another copy to hear it again, I would gladly hand over the cash and get it.