Unplugged review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Jan 1, 1996
Alice in Chains: Unplugged

This Album is definatley the greatest Unplugged performance. It has a very sad, depressed feeling at times. But Is picked up in songs like "Got Me Wrong" and "No Excuses". The guitar work on the record is great. But one of the things I love about this record is the bass. Especially on Nutshell. I bought the CD and DVD because it is so awesome. I was a little disappointed that they cut out Layne messing up Sludge Factory but no big deal.

The Lyrics as always with Alice In Chains were full of a heroin-induced depression. "Brother", "Angry Chair", "Nutshell" and "Down in a Hole" are the best representatives of this. The song "Rooster" written by Jerry about his father's experience in Vietnam is moving. I love the Dirt version but love the acoustic even more.

I feel like this performance changed my life. I listen to songs from it on a daily basis. I love the DVD because you can see the feeling in the songs. But I do feel bad because Layne looks very weak in the DVD and struggles on some songs. Including "Sludge Factory" where he stopped the song for forgetting the words. But overall The show was great. I love Mike Inez's bass where it says "Friends don't let friends get Friends haircuts... " which was a stab at Metallica for cutting their hair.

ermonski
    I would rate this dvd a 9/10. I could give it a 10/10 if they included I Stay Away and Don't Follow in it.
    Randaman
    Submerged wrote: LOL pumpkins more grunge than Nivana, kids are funny Jellybelly and Tales of a Scorched Earth would have killed Kurt Cobain if he wasn't already dead. Seriously, his head would have just exploded.
    Curmudgeon, Oh, the Guily and You Know You're Right are much heavier than anything the Pumpkins have ever done -.-