Unplugged review by Alice in Chains

• Released: Jan 1, 1996
Alice in Chains: Unplugged

This album is sooooo sad, it's great don't get me wrong, it's amazing, fantastic, but sad. You can feel Layne Staley with nearly broken voice, and if you saw it on DVD you can notice that too. The acoustic chords are still heard dark, clean but dark chords. Songs like "Down In A Hole" just shine on this album, the song sounds like if you're actually in a hole, in the bottom of it, "Bury me softly..." just gets it right with the melody. Awesome album, incredible sound, and just anouncing what sadly would become the end of this band, RIP Layne Staley.

The lyrics are sad. Great phrases I love some of Alice In Chains'. To name a few "And yet I fight this battle all alone", "I know that pain so don't you run away like you used to do", "I don't mind yeahhhh", "Let things be" - just sad phrases, Layne expressed them all the time, you can sense what he says as he sings, he was in pain, and you notice it. The music floats around his voice in this album, I think the album is what it is because of its lyrics especially with the way Layne expresses them. I can't help repeating this, but it's so sad.

I don't see which album can compare to this one, obviously reminds me of Cobain's ending, but not musically, I think they were extremely different, and also the Nirvana "Unplugged" has a different feeling, I think Cobain enjoyed performing, it was the rest of him who he hated. Staley seems to suffer as Kurt did, but specially live, when he sings you feel it. "Nutshell", "Brother", "Down In A Hole", "Rooster" and "Killer Is Me" are the highlights. I love the album, every piece of it, its a masterpiece that wasn't meant to be, I think it became what it is spontaneously, just because of Laney's performance, you could think of it. But I love it. Just hate what Laney was becoming by this time, but what could I say. I would definitely have this CD forever in my list.

fas789
    my roomate's mother makes $79 every hour on the internet. She has been out of a job for 5 months but last month her check was $21010 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site Cloud68dotcom