Alkaline Trio review by Alkaline Trio

• Released: Apr 18, 2000
Alkaline Trio: Alkaline Trio

The sound on this album varies, as it was recorded in different times then brought together in a compilation. The sound on Goodbye Forever is clearly different from Sundials. This album has many of trios unrecognised songs. There is the classic 97 and My Friend Peter. This is the perfect CD if you want to get into Alkaline Trio. This is the collection of all ther 7" songs on the one CD.

The lyrics in this album are very melodic and easy to catch. The messages in every song are clear. The song 97 deals with loss of a girl and reminsicence of her in the year 97 and the times they shared. Matt Skiba sings 11 of the songs which includes a cover of the Cure's Exploding Boy. In I lied my Face Off, Dan's voice eeriely reminds us of the heartache of lying to someone you love.

Unlike most Trio albums this is classic trio at their absolute best. There are many different line up on this album and their current drummer Derek Grant is not on this CD. My favourite song from it is Goodbye Forever due to Matts voice sounding superb. If this was lost I would buy 2 more copies just to make sure. If you are like Alkaline Trio you can't call yourself a fan until you own this CD.