Alkaline Trio - Halloween At The Metro [DVD] review by Alkaline Trio

• Released: Aug 5, 2003
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 9
Alkaline Trio: Alkaline Trio - Halloween At The Metro [DVD]

A collection of greatest hits (up to that time) played live with some after concert production. Alkaline Trio is starting to toy with the idea of a stage show and not just a band that is playing some songs on stage. They kept the macaw feel by dressing up as vampire priest, which I found a nice touch. The music didn't deviate from the albums which I kind of wished it had. One of the fun parts of going to a concert is having the story of how different the sound was compared to what everyone is hearing.

Content — 8
As said before this was a live performance played in their hometown of Chicago. The crowd welcomes their band with open arms and sang every note of every song. Playing hits form Goddamit, From Here to the Infirmary, and their self titled album. The set list is fun and your kept excited by Matt Skiba's stage presence and the cut always of the crowd going clinically insane. The DVD offers some extras and exclusive interviews that the hardcore fans will enjoy.

Production Quality — 9
This DVD was very interesting because it show's the band as they are growing more and more popular. So you get some of the Do It Yourself (DIY) feel with preofesional quality. The friends of the band are the ones who set up the stage and give the element of a dark party that everyone will embark upon. I enjoyed feeling like an insider during the production of this DVD.

This DVD is without a doubt a must have. It has blended the essential punk elements with professional quality. When these to ingredients are together it causes a creative attraction hard to compare. There is a poppiness and trendiness to the DVD that some die-hard punks may shun, but I found it entertaining and bring it with me on all my trips. I recommend watching this in a darkened room to maximize the effect of the video. After all, it is titled Halloween.