Alkaline Trio - Halloween At The Metro [DVD] Review

artist: Alkaline Trio date: 02/10/2009 category: compact discs
Alkaline Trio: Alkaline Trio - Halloween At The Metro [DVD]
Release Date: August 5, 2003
Chicago's own Alkaline Trio give a special hometown Halloween performance at the Metro, backed by the very people that know them best, the true fans.
 Content: 7
 Production Quality: 8
 8.7
 7.9
 9.5
Alkaline Trio - Halloween At The Metro [DVD] Reviewed by: NaturalMonster, on october 16, 2006

Sound: As the DVD starts you see an image of the upside down cross as Matt Skiba opens up the set with the awesome chords of their song "Hell Yes" a guaranteed crowd pleaser. All of their songs are flawlessly executed throughout the entire set. Minor word changes in some songs show a slight improvement. They even utilize the crowd in the song, "Nose Over Tail", pausing for a brief moment allowing the audience a chance to sing. Very good sound all the way to the ending with the striking notes of "'97" that sent them out in a cloud of smoke. // 9

Overall Impression: Matt Skiba, Dan Andriano, and Derek Grant come together on Halloween night 2002 for an amazing show in their home town of Chicago. Alkaline Trio fans would not be disappointed by their performance. Despite some minor flaws in the DVD itself Alkaline Trio: Halloween At The Metro is something a true Alk3 fan needs. // 8

Alkaline Trio - Halloween At The Metro [DVD] Reviewed by: PoshBoy, on february 10, 2009

Sound: A collection of greatest hits (up to that time) played live with some after concert production. Alkaline Trio is starting to toy with the idea of a stage show and not just a band that is playing some songs on stage. They kept the macaw feel by dressing up as vampire priest, which I found a nice touch. The music didn't deviate from the albums which I kind of wished it had. One of the fun parts of going to a concert is having the story of how different the sound was compared to what everyone is hearing. // 8

Overall Impression: This DVD is without a doubt a must have. It has blended the essential punk elements with professional quality. When these to ingredients are together it causes a creative attraction hard to compare. There is a poppiness and trendiness to the DVD that some die-hard punks may shun, but I found it entertaining and bring it with me on all my trips. I recommend watching this in a darkened room to maximize the effect of the video. After all, it is titled Halloween. // 8

Comments