Crimson review by Alkaline Trio

• Released: May 24, 2005
Alkaline Trio: Crimson

This album is definitely more experimental, with piano intros, violin interludes and heavier guitar riffs. After the first listen it was clear the band had changed some ways since Good Mourning. The band have become a lot darker and all the song names have very dark undertones.

This is one of my favourite albums already for the lyrics. In "Back To Hell" when matt screams "so send us back to hell" gets better everytime. Mercy Me, Burn, Prevent This Tragedy has great lyrics also. But for lyrics every song is great, every song has a deep meaning. Dan's voice has changed and seems to be almost quieter. Matt is at his usual best on this album. They seem to sing choruses more together on this album and it gives a great effect, particulary in Back To Hell.

Compared to their earlier albums this is a different effort but just as good. My favourite songs have to be Deathbed, Mercy Me and Back To Hell at the moment. The track list for the album is: 01. Time To Waste 02. The Poison 03. Burn 04. Mercy Me 05. Deathbed 06. Settle For Satin 07. Sadie 08. Fall Victim 09. I Was A Prayer 10. Prevent This Tragedy 11. Back To Hell 12. Your Neck 13. Smoke When this album comes out on May 24th I recommend that all Alkaline Trio fans buy it, there are a number of stand out tracks that have the potential to become the next nose over tail or 97'. So make sure you keep your money to get this CD.