Crimson review by Alkaline Trio

• Released: May 24, 2005
Alkaline Trio: Crimson

Even though the copy of it that I have listen to was over the internet, I thought the sound was fabulous, I thought that it was a awesome sounding album. The mixing is great, drum sound is phenominal, and the extra instruments (piano, violin, sound effects, etc) added to the creative aspect in a tremendous way. This album has as realy good flow to it musically, and the smoothness of it is a big step to creating a full sounding album. Not to say the other Trio albums aren't smooth. But it seams more evident in this album that there is a feeling, a vibe that makes you feel so good and it is conveyed through-out the record.

These Lyrics are some of the best I've heard from anyone. I don't think I can think of anyone who can consistantly write as good and meaningful of a number of songs as Matt and Dan have. This is just what I wanted to hear. This album is a perfect representation of what I feel and wish I could write songs like.

This is the album of the year, at least from my eyes. It definetly has lived up to the expectations that have been created from it. I can easily see "Death-Bed" and "Mercy Me" as being singles, actually, I think all these songs would be suitable as a single. Hopefully the video for whatever the new single should be will kick lots of asses. This is an amazing CD and I recomend it to all fans of music.