Crimson review by Alkaline Trio

• Released: May 24, 2005
Alkaline Trio: Crimson

Compared to ealier albums (by early, I mean like Godammit and Maybe I'll Catch Fire etc) this is Alkaline Trio reaching their peak as a band. The songs have no more little silly lines in it. Everything sounds more professional and much more darker. Dan has also seemed to inprove on his voice massivly and makes Poison even more fantastic. Compared with songs like Emma from God Mouring, every song on here as a much bigger purpose. The album provides us with very dark gothic-like songs such as "Time To Waste," slow easy listening punk "prevent this tragedy" and fantastic fast paced emo "death bed" and all powerful and hard hitting "Poison."

Since their self released demo tape (which was self titled) Alkaline Trio were one of the best bands for song writing. Matt Skiba has this fantastic skill of turning simple lines and molding them into beatiful song. A band which have to hailed due to their song lyrics, if anything.

Alkaline Trio lead the way in dark punk. With their gothic like lyrics and thier emo/punk sound, they are perfect for anyone wanting to get into mature punk rock. Fans of like Blink 182 and such should totaly get into Alkaline Trio. They have slowily crawled their wayup the music ladder, but now I believe this album is going to help them reach the top. Don't be suprised to find them posted all over the front page of Kerrang or NME very soon.